Make your own homecoming mum like a pro with our unique supplies for mums. Looking to DIY homecoming mum? You’ve made it!
Mum Supplies – Fast and easy. Choose your favorite supplies and get them to your door. Trusted by Walmart, Amazon, Etsy, and Michael’s. Selections of mum flowers, and homecoming mum ribbon. We have feather boas, homecoming mum braids, mum bases and so much more.
It’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to show your school spirit. One of the most popular traditions during homecoming is the creation and exchange of Homecoming Mums. These elaborate accessories have become a staple in Texas high schools, but they can be a bit overwhelming if you’re new to the tradition.
That’s why we’ve put together the Homecoming Mum Supplies: Everything You Need to Know. From the basics like ribbon and flowers to more specialized items like glitter and lights, we’ll cover everything you need to know to create the perfect Homecoming Mum. Whether you’re a student, parent, or teacher, this guide is your go-to resource for all things Homecoming Mums. So grab your glue gun and let’s get started!
First, if you’re new to the tradition of Homecoming Mums, it can be difficult to know where to start. But with our handy checklist, you’ll know all the supplies you’ll need to create the perfect Homecoming Mum.
Ribbon is the backbone of any Homecoming Mum. You’ll need several different types of ribbon to create a full and impressive Mum. Traditionally, you’ll want to use your school colors, but you can also incorporate other colors to add depth and interest to your creation. Here are some different types of ribbon you might want to consider:
– Satin ribbon: Satin ribbon is a bit softer than grosgrain ribbon, which makes it perfect for creating flowing strands and adding a touch of elegance to your Mum.
More On The Check List
– Printed ribbon: You can find printed ribbon with your school’s name or mascot, which is a great way to show your school spirit.
Secondly, flowers are another essential component of any Homecoming Mum. Traditionally, you’ll want to use chrysanthemums, but you can also incorporate other types of flowers to add interest and variety to your Mum.
– Chrysanthemums: These are the traditional flower used in Homecoming Mums. They come in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can mix and match to create a unique look.
New Flower Additions
– Roses: Roses are another popular flower to use in Homecoming Mums. They come in a variety of colors and add a touch of elegance to your creation.
– Other flowers: You can also incorporate other types of flowers like carnations, daisies, and sunflowers to add interest and variety to your Mum.
Importantly, Trinkets are small items that you can add to your Homecoming Mum to make it more unique and personal. These can include:
– Charms: You can find charms that represent your school or your interests to add to your Mum.
– Other trinkets: You can also add other small items like miniature sports balls, pom-poms, and more to make your Mum unique.
In addition, flowers, and trinkets, you’ll need a few other supplies to create your Homecoming Mum. These include:
– Glue gun: You’ll need a glue gun to attach the ribbon, flowers, and trinkets to your Mum.
– Scissors: You’ll need scissors to cut the ribbon and flowers to the appropriate length.
A Few More
– Cardboard: You’ll need a piece of cardboard to serve as the base of your Mum.
– Lights: If you want to add a bit of sparkle to your Mum, you can incorporate lights into your creation.
Not from Texas? As a matter of fact, you might be wondering what a Homecoming Mum is. A Homecoming Mum is a decorative accessory that is worn during Homecoming season. It’s typically given to a student by a parent or friend as a way to show support and school spirit. Homecoming Mums are typically worn around the neck or pinned to a shirt or dress.
Remember, the tradition of Homecoming Mums began in the 1930s in Texas. At that time, Homecoming was a big event, and students would dress up in their finest clothes and attend a formal dance. The tradition of giving a Homecoming Mum as a gift began in the 1950s. At that time, Mums were simple creations made from a few flowers and ribbon. Over the years, the tradition of Homecoming Mums has grown, and today, Mums are elaborate creations that can weigh several pounds and cost hundreds of dollars.
Pride and Spirit
Also, Homecoming Mums are significant because they represent school spirit and pride. They’re a way for students to show their support for their school and their classmates.
Homecoming Mum Traditions and Etiquette
Next, if you’re new to the tradition of Homecoming Mums, you might not be aware of the etiquette surrounding them. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
– Who wears the Mum: Mums are worn by female students and male students can wear a Homecoming Garter.
– How to wear the Mum: Mums are typically worn around the neck or pinned to a shirt or dress. They should be worn with pride and school spirit.
Creating your own Homecoming Mum can be a fun and rewarding experience. Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect Mum:
– Plan ahead: Start gathering your supplies early so you have plenty of time to create your Mum.
– Get creative: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of ribbon, flowers, and trinkets to create a unique and personal Mum.
– Be mindful of size: Remember that your Mum will need to be worn, so make sure it’s not too big or heavy.
A lesson: creating a Homecoming Mum is a Texas tradition that has stood the test of time. With the right supplies and a bit of creativity, you can create a unique and personal Mum that shows your school spirit and pride. Whether you’re a student, parent, or teacher, the tradition of Homecoming Mums is a great way to celebrate Homecoming and show support for your school and your classmates.